* = Required Information
1. Use only: _____________ to wash, rinse, and soak dentures.
a. hot water
b. cold water
2. Follow these steps and techniques when shaving a man's face (choose two - worth 2pts.)
a. Apply shaving cream, shave face, then wash face
b. Wash face, apply shaving cream, shave face, wipe clean
c. Cover chest and neck, wash face, apply shaving cream, shave face, wipe clean
d. Use downward strokes on the face and upward strokes on the neck
e. Use upward strokes on the face and downward strokes on the neck
3. Water temperature for personal care (showering, bathing, shampooing) should be between ____________ degrees and ____________ degrees (worth 2 pts.)
4. Clients can voice their concerns and complaints.
5. A partial bath means:
a. Bathing only certain parts of the body
b. Bathing without soup
b. Bathing once a week
6. You are assisting a resident with a shower. Put the following procedures in the correct order by placing the numbers 1-7 after every appropriate procedure (worth 7 pts.).
Help the resident undress and get into the shower
Get the shower water to the right temperature
Assemble equipment and clean the floor of the shower
Clean the shower
Let the resident wash, then wash any areas he or she can't reach
Put a rubber mat on the shower floor and a bath mat in front of the shower
Help the resident out of the shower and assist with drying and dressing
7. When assisting with dressing or undressing, the: ___________ should be dressed and undressed first.
a. lower body
b. upper body
8. The correct procedure for assisting a resident in removing pants is:
a. Have the resident stand up while you pull the pants down and he steps out of them
b. Have the resident lie down and push his hips off the bed with his feet while you pull the pants off
c. Pull the pants off the bottom of one leg while the resident stands on the other leg
9. Write the three rules to remember when providing personal care (worth four points)
1. Respect _________________, dignity, and choices.
2. Observe _________________ and report problems.
3. Maintain safety and _________________.